[Kde-pim] How to change the database use by akonadi ?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Feb 14 10:56:04 GMT 2013

On Wednesday 13 of February 2013 21:01:41 Michael Parchet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use akonadi to store some datas for a program.
>
> To don't create potentials conflicts and don't mix data I have create my own
> database.

Hi,

you should not run into any conflicts if you use Akonadi client classes from
kdepimlibs. They and the server will handle it.

> Unfortunately, when I start or restart akonad for example with this line :
>
> akonadictl restart
>
> The databaseName reset to "akonadi"
>
> Name=akonadi
>
> Normally I put in my akonadiserverrc file
>
> Name=myprojectNam
> User=UserName
> Password=password
>
> Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/Users/nyUserName/.local/share/akonadi/socket-MyCompute
> rName=/opt/local/lib/mariadb/bin/mysqld StartServer=true
> Host=
>
> [Debug]
> Tracer=null
>

> How to configure akonadi for another database or profile ?

When using the internal database server, Akonadi will always use "akonadi" as
database name (that is for obvious reason - it's an *internal* server, no need
for changing that). The "name" key in akonadiserverrc is used only when
connecting to a remote database.

Cheers,

Dan

> Thanks for your support
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet
dvratil at redhat.com | Associate Software Engineer / BaseOS / KDE, Qt
GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348