[Kde-pim] Review Request 108810: Modify the content of mMaildirsForCollection after a folder-move

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 15:24:47 GMT 2013

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013, 12:36:53 schrieb Andras Mantia:
>> I tested with the new version, where I use the path as the hash key and
>> not the id, and I cannot reproduce the problem. Can you please re-test
>> with that version (now it is in 4.10 and master branch).
>
> Will do that ASAP - but I am not yet satisfied with my testing
> environment.
>
> 1. I strongly assume that ctest must not fail any test if my installation
> is correct. It still fails for many maildir tests.

I will check. You caught me unguarded here...I didn't run unit tests for a
long time. :( I used to do it at one point, but not anymore. Bad behavior.
At some point I guess they started to fail to me completely, and I just
didn't have time to look at them. Seems to be the same now, they fail on
exit.
What it happens now (inside resources/maildir):

1) maildir-synctest: fails and hangs on exit
2) akonadi-mysql-db-maildir: fails, but i see no FAIL line from QTest
3) maildir-testmaildir: passed (this doesn't use a test akonadi setup)

> 2. I have a self
> compiled qt and kde, so there must be no /usr/lib/kde4/plugins in the
> akonadi plugin search path but there is. Seems to come from
> ~/.config/Trolltech.conf, not yet sure what to do with that. I currently
> believe I have to find out how to get QSettings() not to use ~/.config as
> prefix.
>
> kdesrc/build/kde/kdepim-runtime/resources/maildir/tests/synctest
> failed for me until I isolated and worked around this bug in qdbus:
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29498
>
> is my assumption that unittests are not expected to fail wrong after all?

Yes, they are not expecting to fail. Some of them were unreliable iirc due
to some timing issues, so you had to try more than once.

> Is there some server which does regular automatic runs of all unittests
> and reports results?

Yes.
http://build.kde.org/job/kdepim-runtime_master/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

> Anyway I do not want to do any testing of new things until all existing
> unittests work.

i agree, that is the correct behavior.

> BTW which unitttest is expected to fail without your new version?

Due to the fact I didn't run them for a long time, I can't say.

Andras