[Kde-pim] Improving KAddressBook

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:41:13 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Jacky Alcine <jacky.alcine at thesii.org>wrote:

> Hello everyone from New York!
>
> I've been using Kontact a lot; thanks to it, I've reduced my usage of
> GMail,
> Google Calendar and load of web solutions so I can focus on my local work.
> However, one application has been quite a finicky one and I wrote a blog
> post[1] about it. I'd love for you all to read and provide feedback around
> the
> idea I'm raising.
>
> Until then!
>
> [1] http://blog.jalcine.me/2013/02/08/meta-contacts-in-akonadi/

Good stuff! As Kevin already replied, I'm currently working on a
metacontacts solution for KDE; we're about to release the first tech
preview together with KDE Telepathy 0.6, planned for late March. There is
also a new address book prototype being written, but it's very likely to
change and I'm currently using it mostly just for testing. It looks
somewhat like this now -
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6761102/kaddressbook3.png- ...it's a prototype
;) As to your mockup - your "details" side of the
window looks quite interesting; this should be quite nicely possible with
the current metacontacts solution. It's based on Nepomuk and as emails are
indexed (and we plan to index the IM conversations too), this data is
available for us to use :)

I'll spent some more time thinking about this next week as I'm currently on
the roads.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer