[Kde-pim] mailfilter does not see all incoming messages

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Feb 13 13:00:44 GMT 2013

Hi,

Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:

> using KDE master
>
> my filter for incoming mail does not get noticed of all new mails.
> if I get 10 mails (sent by myself from somewhere else), between 0 and 3
> remain in inbox. The ignored mails are always some of the last ones,
> the first 5 mails always get through to mailfilter.
>
> I added some debug output to MailFilterAgent::itemAdded and now I can
> see that this agent indeed does not receive all items. Whereas the
> nepomuk feeder does. In the log below, mailfilter does not get item 177.

Last week I added some debug info like you, but unfortunately haven't been
able to actually look at the logs. :( What I noticed though when I quickly
looked at the mail filtering log from KMail was that indeed the messages in
question did not reach the filtering code itself, so either:
- the message didn't reach the agent
- it was discarded by the agent before sent to the filter itself

> Where should I search for the problem? I already tried to make the
> Akonadi::Monitor in mailfilter more similar to the one in nepomukfeeder,
> but that did not change anything. mailfilter ignores items with wrong
> mime-type, but I verified this is not the problem.

If indeed it doesn't receive, the problem might be how the changerecorder is
set up in the constructor (or around) of the mail filter agent.
You can play with those settings to actually get everything or just a
subset. if you have time for this, I'd be glad if you could look at.

See my temporary debug outputs that could be relevant.

Andras