[Kde-pim] How to change the database use by akonadi ?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Feb 15 14:20:35 GMT 2013

On Friday 15 of February 2013 13:14:07 Michael Parchet wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> I still have a question
>
> I need to configure akonadi to use different profiles (set of data such as
> outlook profile) designed by a profile name

Hi,

you can start a second Akonadi server within user session by running

akonadictl --instance %InstanceName% start

If will create a new database, separately from the default one (in
~/.local/share/akonadi/instance/%InstanceName%/). Configuration is in
~/.config/akonadi/instance/%InstanceName%/.

To force applications to use this instance instead of the global one, use
AKONADI_INSTANCE env variable:

AKONADI_INSTANCE=%InstanceName% kaddressbook

Hope it helps,

Dan

> Is it possible ?
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> Best regards
>
> mparchet
>

> Le 14 févr. 2013 à 11:56, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> a écrit :

dvratil at redhat.com | Associate Software Engineer / BaseOS / KDE, Qt
GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348