[Kde-pim] Request: disable CI mails on the pim list

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 21:00:51 GMT 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM, Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Instead of commenting about Jenkins' behaviour - perhaps we could just
> fix the defective test in question? It is supposed to inform you of
> the test failures so they get fixed - unfortunately it seems people
> would rather just ignore them.
>
> Makes me wonder what is the point of it - rather than investigating
> next time, i'll just disable execution of tests for kdepim, so you'll
> only get build verification as nobody seems to really care about the
> tests.
>
> Winding back to 1083ed159a3570d8d0fa1bfbb3ecf48d91531640 allows the
> test to pass again, while moving forward one commit to
> f8213e5a2dd06deb59a23a48439ca976092fb5cc causes the failure to appear.
>
> Unfortunately f8213e5a2dd06deb59a23a48439ca976092fb5cc can't be
> cleanly reverted, so someone will need to look manually and find out
> why that commit causes it to break.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Cooksley
> KDE Sysadmin

Hi Ben,

You are absolutely right!
However, it's been like this for weeks. It was calming down on this
list around the pim sprint with just a few mails. However, recently
there have been a whole spam of ci mails with - lets say - 15/day.
That is so much noise that other (non automated) mails just get pushed
away even before i can see them.

It's just too much right now.
Granted: i don't see them at all anymore because i filter them out now
+ delete it.

But yes, people that break the build (and cause the mails) should fix
the build as well. Not just leave it to rot like seems to be happening
right now.
Some time before the recent pim sprint i was actively hunting down
those that break the build and mail them about the breakage. It didn't
seem to help..

So people, please! If you break the build, fix it.

Cheers,
Mark