[Kde-pim] Reduce Jenkins e-mails (was: Request: disable CI mails on the pim list)

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Dec 20 19:53:43 GMT 2013

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 3:10 AM, Sergio Martins <iamsergio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, December 20, 2013 14:21:44 Mark Gaiser wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I hope that someone can disable the CI mails for the pim list.
>
> Hi,

Hi Sergio,

> I'm against disabling it but I think there's room for improvement.
>
> We gain nothing in receiving 20 e-mails for the exact same failure. Could
> jenkins be smart enough to detect that it's failing in the same place and
> throttle down notification sending ?

Unfortunately neither the existing Jenkins email module we use, nor an
extended one which has yet to be tested and implemented are able to
throttle notification sending. I suspect this is intended, as failing
tests should be fixed, not ignored (otherwise, what is the point in
having them).

> Regards,
> Sérgio Martins

Regards,