[Kde-pim] Current status of MS Exchange support in KDE PIM

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 10:06:42 GMT 2013

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2013 schrieb Robert Marmorstein :

> > > If I need to start from scratch, I would like to use kdsoap to access
> the
> > > Exchange Web Service (EWS) and focus on MS Exchange 2010 first since
> this
> > > is the version running at my company, but keeping in mind to support
> 2007
> > > as well.
>
> I have been using davmail (/*davmail*.sourceforge.net//) to access our
> campus
> mail system using kmail.  It has worked pretty well for me.  It's slow,
> but it's
> definitely usable now.
>
> That seems to be the best solution out there right now to make this work.
>  As a
> user, I would really welcome having native support instead, but if you're
> looking
> for a short-term solution, davmail is the way to go.

Thanks for your reply. I started using davmail but it didn't work well with
the calendar and ldap so I switched to evolution because gnome already has
native support for ews.

The biggest challenge would be to have an appropriate test environment for
development since I'm not allowed to work on kde at work.

@kevin I'll have a look at the links later thanks for these.

Cheers
Daniel