[Kde-pim] Help solving an IMAP SSL bug

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Aug 21 15:35:56 BST 2013

On Tuesday 20 of August 2013 20:42:05 Richard Moore wrote:
> On 19 August 2013 10:58, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Because it's a socket error KSslSocket will emit socketError() and IMAP
> > resource will try to reconnect. The interesting part here is, that calling
> > QAbstractSocket::disconnect() will emit the error again (probably it's
> > trying to write something to the socket?) and so we end up in an endless
> > loop, when we try to disconnect on an error, which causes an error, on
> > which we try to disconnect....
>
> You should call abort() rather than disconnect() here.

Thanks, that seems to solve the problem with disconnect() generating the
error, but it does not solve the problem: after calling abort() in error
handler, we try to reconnect. But calling KTcpSocket::connectToHostEncrypted()
will generate the same error, so we end up in a loop anyway and the resource
is not able to successfully establish a secured connection until it's
restarted.

Cheers,
Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348