[Kde-pim] GNOME/Evolution moving toward email as a service

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Aug 15 16:49:16 BST 2013

Hi PIMsters,

some of you might have already seen it, GNOME/Evolution is working towards
email as a desktop session service :)

http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/evolution-as-email-service-for-the-
gnome-desktop
(you can use "Switch camera" to have it only display the projector recording)

Quite some Deja Vue for anyone working on KDEPIM of course, their goals even
include separation of Evolution components into reusable libraries.

Still nice to see that our approach is being valdiated by the only other fully
featured FOSS groupware client project :)

If I understand [1] correctly they are targetting a 2015 release, will be
interesting to see how this works out and how it compares.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://aruiz.synaptia.net/siliconisland/2013/08/evolution-hackfest-2013-
redux.html