[Kde-pim] Stuck on session restore

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Aug 10 18:24:00 BST 2013

On Saturday, 2013-08-10, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> LindsayOn Sat, 10 Aug 2013 12:45:35 PM  Mathieson wrote:
> > I'm trying to add session restore to kleopatra and am completely stuck on
> > it.  The appropriate functions are being called but it appears to be
> > passed the wrong session id each time.
>
> Figured out the problem - weirdly enough it was kleopatra's splash screen.
> Showing the splash screen caused KApplication::saveState(...) to be
> invoked, which forces a new session Id to be generated.

When the application is started manually or when restoring?
Or differently phrased: is the splash screen interfering with restore or
session safe?

> Not a fan of splash screens myself - always obscuring things at the wrong
> moment. Anyone mind if I just remove it?

Usually we don't do splashscreens in favor of showing the main UI quickly
enough, potentially fully or partially disabled while it is being initialized.

However, I think Kleopatra is also being used as part of the GPG4Win toolset
and splashscreens are very common on that platform.

Is there any indication in the version control system's log supporting that
theory?

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring