[Kde-pim] imap resource is endlessly syncing and maxing my bandwidth

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 23:23:46 BST 2013

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 07:59:50 PM Andras Mantia wrote:
> This looks serious and I wonder why does it restart. One cause could be the
> missing body checker that downloads again the mail if it has no body. It
> *can* cause endless downloads if you have mails without bodies in some way
> on the server. A possibility would be to turn off your connection and check
> the content of the folder and the mails on it. Also in akonadiconsole check
> the body checker tabs what is going on there.

Thanks Andras, Timing :)

I actually resolved the problem last night - unsubscribed the folder in
*Serverside* subscriptions. This removed it from the akonadi db and when I
resubscribed the folder resynced from scratch. This time it downloaded all the
message and then resumed a normal sync patter with minimal bandwidth usage.

Couple of notes:
When it was stuck, it was stuc at around 5500 messages. new message where
being synced but there was some 3000 old messages that never arrived.

Now that I have reset it I'm back to around 8500 msgs in the folder.

I am running Kubuntu 13.10 alpha, so packages get updated a lot. I wouldn't
surprised if I got temporarily reset to the akonadi 4.10.5 packages before I
reinstalled from master. Maybe that could have caused DB corruption?

Quirk: When unsubscribing from folders via the serverside dlg you have to
restart kontact before the change is noted.

thanks,

--
Lindsay