[Kde-pim] [Kde-pim-meeting] Time for the next PIM Autumn sprint.

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Aug 22 16:21:51 BST 2013

On Friday 09 of August 2013 20:29:03 Mark wrote:
> Hey folks,

<snip>
> We also need a host. If you are willing to host us, could you let me
> know the dates that work for you? I'll add them to [2] and try to make
> a most optimal match between those and the doodle result.

Hi,

the Red Hat office in Brno, Czech Republic is available for us. We don't have
beer like kdabians but we have a football table too! :) We can have two big
rooms which can be merged to one even bigger room, both with data projectors,
some flipcharts and whiteboards, coffee and a nice view over Brno.

*Quick summary*
o Location:
  - next to a tram station
  - ~15 minutes by tram from city center
  - hotel 5 minutes walk from the office
  - night buses every 30 minutes - no need to walk from pub!

o Hotel (that we usually recommend to visitors)
  - 5 minutes walk from the office
  - 46€/night for single room (incl. breakfast)
  - 59€/night for double room (incl. breakfast)

o Travel:
  - direct flight from London Standsted or Luton to Brno Airport (then 30
    minutes bus to city center)
  - flying to Vienna Airport, then taking a bus that goes every 2-3 hours
    from the airport terminal directly to center of Brno (~2 hours, 12€)
  - flying to Prague, then getting across Prague to train or bus station
    (~1 hour, have to change lines several times) and then by a bus or
   train to Brno (~2.5 hours, ~8€).
  - EuroCity trains Berlin->Brno, Vienna->Brno or Budapest->Brno

o Other
 - good and cheap beer :)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
Dan

> Once we have a date/place i will progress in making a sprints.kde.org
> page which will be followed by a new mail to register there.
>
> Regards,
> Mark
>
> [1] http://doodle.com/e846qm83thsigfzb
> [2]
> http://community.kde.org/KDE_PIM/Meetings/PIM_Autumn_2013_meeting#Organizat
> kde-pim-meeting mailing list
> kde-pim-meeting at kde.org

Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team
Red Hat, Inc

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348