[Kde-pim] Kmail has quit saveing sent mail

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Aug 9 17:09:30 BST 2013

As you can imagine, this is quite important;
Does anyone have a clue what I should check?

This is an older KDE, installed from Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS sources.
Kmail claims to be 1.13.5

Oh fudge, I just found it as I was about to click send, so lets bark about
the REAL problem, which is that the sticky check mark is ignored by the
composer at least 2x a week, using the wrong account to send thru, or in
this exact instance, the sent-mail folder had been re-assigned to the trash
folder.  And its been working like this since the original install in 2011.

Since when is this sticky check-mark only a vague suggestion to kmail?  IMO
it ought to be a lagbolt into a lead anchor, set in granite. I wouldn't
make it sticky if I didn't want it stuck.

Thanks everybody but this silent fiddling with important settings just cost
me a backup copy of an email involving money.  You wouldn't be happy
either.

No Cheers, Gene