[Kde-pim] 4.10.2 experiences

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Apr 19 14:14:11 BST 2013

Le jeudi 18 avril 2013 17:38:42 Thomas Koch a écrit :
> > I updated to kontact 4.10.2 from Debian experimental this week. You might
> > be aware of most of this bugs, but maybe I found something new. All in
> > all I was not amused. :-(
>
> I forgot the issue that actually made me wrote that mail:
>
> - When I reply to a mixed plain/html message in standard configuration, then
> the composer chooses html. - This might or might not be a bug. :-)

Not a bug by default it reply in html if present. You can disable it in config.

> - When switching to plain text after the above step, then the original text
> is not quoted.

Normal actual html widget is too limited to support it.
(I created a new library to fix it which uses qtwebkit directly, still missing
feature so I don’t use in composer yet)

> - When selecting the original text and choosing "edit -> add quote
> characters", the quote characters were only added at the beginning of
> paragraphs.

What is the problem ? Need infos.

> - I found the "Reply using HTML if present" setting and deselected it.
>
> - I don't understand the function of the "Improve plain text of HTML
> message" setting below it.

It returns a plain text with is converted from html.
For example html list is converted to 1) ... 2) etc. Before it was removed.

> - Both settings are not explained in the help page opened after pressing the
> help button.

Yes we need improve it but I don’t have time for it and my english is too bad
for it.

> - There are no tooltips with further explanations when hovering over the
> settings.

Junior job :)

> And some more unrelated issues:
>
> - There is no easy way to switch from plain text to html when reading a
> mail. I have to select "show message structure" and find the html part. I'd
> appreciate a button in the message header

I added a shorcut in 4.11 but there is html bar you must activate it in
settings

> - I did not select "Enable interval mail checking" for my disconnected IMAP
> account but there are still new mails ariving in the INBOX without me having
> pressed F5 or anything. Could this be some IMAP Notify thing?
>
> - The status line of the composer says "Spellcheck: on" although I've not
> selected "Automatic spell checking enabled by default". What should this
> status line tell me? Will it ever be off?
>
> - Since there's some space for the spellchecker in the statusline anyways.
> Could you provide some shortcut to switch between langages?

No. Activate dictionary in view->dictionary.

Thanks for reporting bugs.
Regards

> Regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090