[Kde-pim] How to resolve Item/Collection from ID?

Jonathan Marten jjm2 at keelhaul.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 14:37:43 BST 2013

I'm working on the command line Akonadi copier/syncer which I mentioned
a while ago, which is coming along well.  The means of specifying
items or collections will be by numeric ID - a path may be more
friendly, but for that to be possible Akonadi::CollectionPathResolver
will have to become a public interface.

So my quick question: given a numeric Akonadi::Entity ID, what is the
simplest/cheapest way to determine whether this is an Item, a
Collection, or neither?  Preferably by a means that does not involve
too many round trips to the Akonadi server.

Regards,
  Jonathan

--
Jonathan Marten                         http://www.keelhaul.demon.co.uk