[Kde-pim] GSoC mentoring for integrating Trojita into Kontact

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Mon Apr 29 17:23:04 BST 2013

Hi folks,
one of the GSoC ideas was to integrate Trojita into KDE's Kontact. Basically, this would involve making Trojita act as an optional replacement of KMail. I'm not going to link to the proposal as I don't think it's OK to do so on a public list, but it's topic is "Integrate Trojia to KDE".

As I understand it, the proposal is going to be:

- a build-time optional dependency,
- not touch Akonadi when it comes to e-mails,
- provide user-level integration like reading the KDE's addressbook, using the wallet and appearing inside Kontact.

My preference for a GSoC task was something else originally, but as I'll be travelling for almost the whole July, I cannot act as a primary mentor.

Is someone interested in being a mentor for this project? I'll be happy to help with the Trojita side of the project, or even act as a primary one provided that:

- somebody can replace me for the whole July,
- somebody helps with the Kontact-specific bits.

With kind regards,
Jan

--
Trojitá, a fast Qt IMAP e-mail client -- http://trojita.flaska.net/