[Kde-pim] mails download from MS-Exchange server - airsyncDownload

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Sun Apr 14 00:16:17 BST 2013

On Saturday 13 of April 2013 23:47:12 Martin Koller wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I have implemented a little tool which allows to download your Inbox mails
> from an Exchange Server using the Airsync (aka Exchange Active Sync)
> protocol.
>
> http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php?content=158196
>
> The next step could be to implement an integration with the Akonadi
> framework, I think the correct name is "agent" (like the IMAP or POP
> agents), to be able to select this type of mail download in the account
> configuration dialog.

We have a special type of agents for usacase like this - we call it
"resource". Resource is a special type of agent which provide access to a
remote storage (like IMAP server, POP3 server, etc).

> Question: How to start with the Akonadi integration ?
> Where is the code for e.g. the POP agent which might be a good base to look
> at ?

Resources are all the kdepim-runtime repository, in the /resources folder.

There is a nice tutorial it the techbase wiki about writing Akonadi resources:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Akonadi/Resources.

The interface for interaction with Akonadi server is documented here:
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepimlibs-apidocs/akonadi/html/index.html

And of course feel free to ask here or on #akonadi IRC channel.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
Associate Software Engineer, KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348