[Kde-pim] mails download from MS-Exchange server - airsyncDownload

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Sun Apr 14 18:31:28 BST 2013

On 14 April 2013 17:58, Alf B. Rustad <alf at mykolab.com> wrote:
> On 14.04.2013 13:26, Shaheed Haque wrote:
>>
>> Hi Alf,
>>
>> I am still around, and willing to help out as time permits...feel free
>> to contact me offline.
>
> Glad to hear!
>
>> FWIW, the main reason I stopped work was
>> because work upgraded our Exchange setup and I found I could no longer
>> authenticate correctly and so could not make any progress.
>
> Too bad. I may of course have the same issue, will try to find out this
> week, and report back. In any case, it has to be solvable somehow. Do you
> know if there are some certificates involved? Maybe somebody on this list
> has some ideas?

It worked fine for me until we upgraded to Exchange/Outlook 2010. I
poked around for a while, but this area seems so full of options that
I decided I didn't have the time to become an expert (!!!). I have
probably forgotten most of what I knew, so I'll try to revive my build
setup to support you.

>> This is the status as I recall it...
>

> Thanks, it seems very impressive to me, so it would bring me a whole lot
> closer to a fully functional linux setup at work.

I'm pretty pleased with it, so I am glad you like it. Architecturally,
the missing piece is writes, but since we have SMTP for mail, and the
addressbook part of Contacts is readonly, that really leaves personal
addresses and calendar stuff unaccounted for. It might be that all
three are perfectly tractable using Openchange and or WS, I just never
got to that point.

It always seemed to me that with a bit of effort we'd be in a position
to crack the problem - and that would be a real milestone for OSS.