[Kde-pim] Review Request: Make kdepim-runtime configuration less verbose

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Sep 4 18:11:19 BST 2012

On Tuesday 04 September 2012, Aleix Pol Gonzalez wrote:
> > On Aug. 20, 2012, 4:37 p.m., Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> > > Doesn't the same change also apply to the other find_package() calls
> > > there?
> >
> > Allen Winter wrote:
> >     Yes, I'm also curious about why these 2 are so much more irritating
> >     than any other find_packages()
> >
> >     Aleix, can you paste the annoying parts?  Maybe we can convince the
> >     libkolab folks to make their stuff less babbly.
>
> Well, it's what happens when you look for a Config.cmake file that has to
> be installed.
>
> Sorry for the delay, forgot about providing this :P.
>
> CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:122 (find_package):
>   By not providing "FindLibkolab.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project
> has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
> "Libkolab", but CMake did not find one.
>
>   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Libkolab"
>   (requested version 0.2) with any of the following names:
>
>     LibkolabConfig.cmake
>     libkolab-config.cmake
>
>   Add the installation prefix of "Libkolab" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
>   "Libkolab_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
>   "Libkolab" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure it has
>   been installed.

Now a serious question: what is irritating about these warnings ?

They state exactly what happens.

They happen if you simply do
find_package(LibKolab)

If you do instead
find_package(LibKolab NO_MODULE)

they will be slightly different, since in this case cmake doesn't have to guess
whether you are looking for a FindLibKolab.cmake or a LibKolabConfig.cmake.
CMake will still tell you that it didn't find that file and what to do about it.

If you want to get the short messages you are used to.
add a simply FindLibKolab.cmake, which contains more or less

find_package(LibKolab NO_MODULE QUIET)
find_package_handle_standard_args(LibKolab  DEFAULT_MSG  LibKolab_DIR)

Or, with cmake >= 2.8.3 (which we do not require yet):
find_package_handle_standard_args(NAME LibKolab  CONFIG_MODE)

Alex