[Kde-pim] nepomukfeederagent optimization

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Sun Sep 30 12:03:04 BST 2012

On Saturday 29 September 2012 14:28:44 Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Friday 28 September 2012 22.02:17 David Faure wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 September 2012 23:43:50 David Faure wrote:
> > > +  parts.remove( "FLAGS" );
> >
> > Actually, Laurent told me that the read/unread status, and other flags,
> > was
> > stored in nepomuk, for the searching based on flags. So I'm wrong about
> > this.
> >
> > Input needed on which other "parts" are actually useful for nepomuk.
>
> We're using the PLD and the FLAGS (only in the mail feeder) and in one
> commented place (also mailfeeder) the modificationTime.

Yep. So removing FLAGS is technically wrong, but filtering out ATR:* and
REMOTEID should be fine (and should actually speed things up).

Regarding FLAGS, I remember a TODO in the code for optimizing this case.
Instead of using delete/add we could just modify the existing Nepomuk
resource.

regards,
Volker