[Kde-pim] kmail and IMAP questions

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Sep 27 17:17:36 BST 2012

Hi,

Anders Lund wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I consider switching to using IMAP for my mail, but I have some questions:
>
> I need to have messages filtered, and my mail service does not support
> sieve filtering. Can Kmail do filtering on imap accounts?
>
> I use bogofilter to filter spam, will that work with imap?
>
> TIA :)

The answer is yes to both question, with the following comments:
- if you use disconnected mode, no special comments :)
- if you want online mode (to download only the headers on sync and the body
on demand), having spam filter on client side will anyway download the body,
effectively turning the online mode in disconnected mode. Same if you have
any other filter that requires more than the envelope or the header part.

Andras