[Kde-pim] akonadi log?

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Sep 2 07:43:25 BST 2012

AndersOn Onsdag den 29. august 2012 17:34:22  Lund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get some sort of logging from akonadi, other than
> ~.xsession-errors?
>
> I have problems with my addressbooks, as follows:
>
> * I store all my contacts in owncloud, so they can be shared between my
> phone and netbook.
> * I can not have groups in owncloud (not supported by carddav?), so I
> created a local contacts folder resource to hold my groups
> * Sometimes the groups are empty, and akonadi (represented by the group
> editing dialog) claims that each contact does not exist any more. This is of
> course not true, and I have to tediously readd all entries.
>
> So I am interrested in finding out when akonadi decides to empty my groups.
> One thought is that something wrong happens if I have no web connection, or
> have a net connection that is protected by a web form and thus redirects to
> that for any request. I have had problems before, when ALL my contacts was
> removed, at that point they were in a vcf file in an online storage.
> Another thought is that when both korganizer and kaddressbook disables my
> owncloud
> calendars/addressbooks when I reboot, that might have to do with it?
>
> In any case, there is a problem here that should be fixed somehow.
>
> I can report a bug, if there is any interrest in that?

So, it happened again: all my groups are empty :((

I enabled relevant debug groups in kdebugdialog, and the .xsession-errors file
I have is 90M, and I don't know what to look for.

In the meantime, I have rebooted and restarted akonadi once due to virtuoso-t
going bonkers (I'm not 100% sure that was because of akonadi, but I had to
try).

Anyone interrested in my .xsession-errors file? Or a bug report regarding this
issue?

--
Anders