[Kde-pim] Need help debugging SSL issue

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Oct 13 11:42:52 BST 2012

Am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 13:24:23 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> Sven Burmeister wrote:
> > With the insecure settings I see the normal IMAP traffic, clicking on
> > "detect automatically" does not add anything to that file and. Changing
> > the settings manually starts a new log, i.e. /tmp/imap.log.12345.2 which
> > stays empty even if I manually click on "retrieve email".
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood you. That's weird if it stays empty, it means the
> IMAP communication was not started at all.
> In Akonadiconsole right click on the account and check its status and task
> list, maybe it is stuck in some task?

After I changed the settings from unencrypted + PLAIN to SSL/TLS + PLAIN (same
as working with openSUSE 12.1) the resource goes offline immediately and
akonadiconsole tells me for tasks:

ResourceScheduler: Offline
 current task: 1200 Invalid (no task)
 queue 0 is empty
 queue 1 is empty
 queue 2 is empty
 queue 3 is empty
 queue 4 1 tasks:
  1198 Custom startConnect

IMAP tasks:

Restarting akoandi gives:

search paths:  ("/home/rabauke/.kde4/lib/kde4/plugins/",
"/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/", "/usr/lib/qt4/plugins", "/usr/bin",
"/usr/lib/kde4/plugins", "/home/rabauke/.kde4/lib/kde4/", "/usr/lib/kde4/")
KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid
main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to
call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should
not do that since it most likely will not work
akonadi_invitations_agent_0(17269)/libakonadi
Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult: Failed
SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Parent collection can not contain
sub-collections"
akonadi_invitations_agent_0(17269) InvitationsAgent::initDone: Failed to
request default collection: "Parent collection can not contain sub-
collections"
akonadi_invitations_agent_0(17269)/libakonadi
Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::collectionCreateResult: Failed
CollectionCreateJob. "Parent collection can not contain sub-collections"

But I think that's unrelated.

Restarting or toggling online/offline the resource, results in changing
invalid task numbers.

ResourceScheduler: Offline
 current task: 1 Invalid (no task)
 queue 0 is empty
 queue 1 is empty
 queue 2 is empty
 queue 3 is empty
 queue 4 8 tasks:
  2 SyncCollectionTree
  3 SyncCollection collection 2
  4 SyncCollection collection 3
  5 SyncCollection collection 4
  6 SyncCollection collection 5
  7 SyncCollection collection 6
  8 SyncCollection collection 7
  9 SyncCollection collection 8

IMAP tasks:

ResourceScheduler: Offline
 current task: 7 Invalid (no task)
 queue 0 is empty
 queue 1 is empty
 queue 2 is empty
 queue 3 is empty
 queue 4 9 tasks:
  5 Custom startConnect
  2 SyncCollectionTree
  3 SyncCollection collection 2
  4 SyncCollection collection 4
  8 SyncCollection collection 3
  9 SyncCollection collection 5
  10 SyncCollection collection 6
  11 SyncCollection collection 7
  12 SyncCollection collection 8

IMAP tasks:

ResourceScheduler: Offline
 current task: 4 Invalid (no task)
 queue 0 is empty
 queue 1 is empty
 queue 2 is empty
 queue 3 is empty
 queue 4 1 tasks:
  2 Custom startConnect

IMAP tasks:

Toggling online/offline in akoandiconsole does not add anything to the
debugger tab.

Restarting the resource adds:
0xa05a980 * OK Akonadi Almost IMAP Server [PROTOCOL 28]
0xa05a980 0 LOGIN "akonadi_imap_resource_6"
akonadi_imap_resource_6 (0xa05a980) 0 OK User logged in
akonadi_imap_resource_6 (0xa05a980) 1 RESSELECT "akonadi_imap_resource_6"
akonadi_imap_resource_6 (0xa05a980) 1 OK akonadi_imap_resource_6 selected

Sven