[Kde-pim] kmail get slower and slower on loading mail content

Colin Close itchka at compuserve.com
Mon Oct 8 13:35:14 BST 2012

On Monday 08 October 2012 10:54:40 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2012, 21:00:42 schrieb Sven:
> > Since the last month mail mail folders grow up to 6k mails at least in 4
> > folders. But now fetching the mail content in mail view window takes even
> > more time then in the past. Sometimes it takes up to 1-2 minutes then i
> > can
> > see the mail content.
>
> What folder type are you referring to? I noticed it for the online imap
> inbox but not for local folders. It seems that it is loaded completely
> before displayed on each kmail start.
>
> Sven

Hi Sven,
I'm a bit old fashioned as I'm using POP to get my mail into a local folder
and it is the local folder that is slow. It is not so bad with the headers but
when it cames to the content it was taking forever. This morning however it
seems to be fine. The only change I made to the system was to re-enable the
strigi indexer. (The server was running just not indexing). I don't usually
have this running as it consumes vasluable resources. I wonder whether this
was the key in that it somehow rebuilt the mail indexes since today it is
working fine. Most passing strange!!
Best,
Colin