[Kde-pim] Kleopatra on redhat enterprise linux

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Oct 8 08:56:44 BST 2012

On Wednesday 03 October 2012 11:49:34 Dilip Kola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install Kleopatra on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4.
>
> Do I need entire KDE setup in order to install this application?

You need libraries, but you don't need a "KDE workspace" (desktop).

More precisely, you'll need Qt, kdelibs, kdepimlibs, kdepim.
Just try to install it from a RPM, and it will tell you the dependencies.

If you don't find a "kleopatra" package, try the "kdepim" package, it will be
part of it.

> If yes, which version is approved to use on  RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.4

That's a question for the RedHat packagers.

> and what is the licence under this can be used?

kleopatra seems to be GPL v2.