[Kde-pim] Merging akonadi-facebook with kdepim-runtime

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 12:54:29 BST 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to put akonadi-facebook into kdepim-runtime for 4.10 release. I
think it's stable enough and could use some wider testing. It's also
shipped by many distros, on some even installed by default. I'd also like
to split the kfacebook library out and make it a dependency, like libkgapi.
Any objections?

I'm also wondering where should I put the SocialFeed [1] thing, which is a
qml plugin for the microblog-qml plasmoid. It needs Akonadi and some active
Akonadi resources to be of any use, so I'd think putting it with kdepim
would make sense. However the plasmoid is then shipped with plasma-desktop.
Should the plasmoid be moved to kdepim as well? Or should the SocialFeed be
part of some kde-workspace module? Or is the separation ok?

The current state of SocialFeed is mostly just listing stuff, no
interaction yet (that is missing in the akonadi-facebook resource, where I
have some troubles with it, but it's done in kfacebook). Do you think this
is good enough to be merged in as well? Though the code could surely use
improvements/cleanup etc.

Also I'm sorry for sending this email just few days before KDE's feature
freeze, but my machine was unusable for the past five days, so I couldn't
do it any sooner.

[1] -
http://quickgit.kde.org/index.php?p=scratch%2Fmklapetek%2Fsocialfeed.git&a=summary

Cheers