[Kde-pim] Help with crash from CalDav

Grégory Oestreicher greg at kamago.net
Fri Oct 19 17:35:50 BST 2012

On Sunday 30 September 2012 12:53:58 Volker Krause wrote:
> These asserts are triggered by calling methods of ResourceBase
> (collectionsRetrieved() here) that you are not allowed to call with the
> current task. If it's only happening sporadically the most likely scenario
> is that the resource ends up processing multiple tasks at the same time,
> e.g. like this:
> (1) got a request to sync folders
> (2) start job to retrieve folder list from backend
> (3) erroneously claim you are done with that task

I've looked into this yesterday, but the code is rather straightforward and
the resource only calls collectionsRetrieved() in one place. Before this there
are no calls to cancelTask() once the retrieval job has been started.

Is it possible that, if the job times out, Akonadi silently drops it?

Allen, if you have a way to reproduce the issue I'll take it. In months of use
I've never seens this case.

Cheers,
Grégory