[Kde-pim] Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sun Oct 28 13:31:09 GMT 2012

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Andras Mantia <amantia at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have a question about caching. Do you mean that the feeder should cache
> in memory all contacts and especially all headers for every mail?

Nope. When a contact is stored in Nepomuk, it is given a unique identifier
of the form 'nepomuk:/res/some-uuid'. I would like to cache this uri for
certain regularly used contacts, and headers.

Each header is a separate object in Nepomuk, and has its own identifier.
When pushing common headers such as 'Mailing List', it makes sense the
cache the last 10 mailing lists identifiers pushed. That way Nepomuk has to
avoid the job of querying the database to see if an object exists and with
the corresponding information, and finding its identifier.

I hope this makes it clearer.

If yes, that is probably not good, it would use a lot of memory.

> Andras

Vishesh Handa