[Kde-pim] Need help debugging SSL issue

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Oct 13 11:15:15 BST 2012

Am Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 11:23:10 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> I refer to this part:
> "To debug that kind of cases efficiently, I'd need to be provided with some
> idea of the IMAP traffic which created the issue. That can be done by
> setting the KIMAP_LOGFILE environment variable and restarting the
> akonadiserver.
>
> It is done this way, open a console and then type the following commands:
>
> export KIMAP_LOGFILE=/tmp/imap.log
> akonadictl restart
> Once the Akonadi server is restarted you will see quite some debugging
> output from the server itself. Wait for it before trying to reproduce your
> bug. You can see it? Good, now open up the application you used when the bug
> occured and try to reproduce it."

As I said, they stay empty.

With the insecure settings I see the normal IMAP traffic, clicking on "detect
automatically" does not add anything to that file and. Changing the settings
manually starts a new log, i.e. /tmp/imap.log.12345.2 which stays empty even
if I manually click on "retrieve email".

> > I get that when sending emails via relay-auth.rwth-aachen.de. Worked with
> > 12.1.
>
> The point is there is some problem with certificate validation in opensuse
> 12.2 that affects KDE applications. With the above log we might find out if
> this is really the case for you, or is it KIMAP failing for other reasons.
> If the certificate is not validated, it is normal that connection will be
> refused.

That was my thought as well, yet it seems to fail before akonadi can do
anything. Or maybe it tries to open the "do you want to accept this
certificate" as with smtp but fails.

Sven