[Kde-pim] ContactSearchJob Broken?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Fri Oct 12 01:21:41 BST 2012

Howdy,

I've been trying to figure out what "Add to Addressbook" from KMail doesn't work propery for me.

Sometimes I see that the ContactSearchJob reports a job error that "the query return an empty set of results".  In this case I'm not shown that a contact has been added nor that it already existed.

Sometimes it fails to find that an address is already in my address book and allows me to
add duplicates.

Almost always it fails to do the right thing and detect the address is already in my addressbook.

I looked at the code and see it can do strigi queries and nepomuk queries.  I tried both but nothing worked.

So... help!  Does contact searching work for anyone?  Could my Akonadi contacts be broken somehow?

--
** Qt Developer Conference 2012: http://qtconference.kdab.com/ **

Allen Winter | allen.winter at kdab.com | Software Engineer
KDAB (USA), LLC, a KDAB Group company
Tel. USA +1-866-777-KDAB(5322), Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090