[Kde-pim] Review Request: Disable contact searching in message viewer

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Oct 23 08:58:13 BST 2012

On Tuesday, October 23, 2012 09:49:41 AM Anders Lund wrote:
> On Tirsdag den 23. oktober 2012 07:42:42 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > This is not a real fix, is more like making KMail repsonsive *now*.
>
> I do not want to object, but I do not experience this exact feature as a
> problem. Contact pictures are just there, and I like that indeed.

If the picture is embedded in the mail, it will be shown. If the picture was
only in your addressbook, it won't.

On the right-click, you will use direct editing of contacts from within KMail
when you right click on a mail address in the mail viewer part.

> Then of course I run with nepomuk enabled, so I have to actually shut down
> kmail quite often, to stop nepomuk taking over my system entirely. I don't
> think it is looking up contacts in all that time, but of course I can't know
> (but it does so weather the image for the current mail is there or not ;))

If you used Fancy Headers, it was looking up the contacts on every mail show.
If you see KMail being stuck/slow, you can check in the Job Tracker of
akonadiconsole if a ContactSearchJob is ongoing or not.

Andras