[Kde-pim] Moving Trojitá to extragear

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Nov 23 13:08:14 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Wednesday, 2012-11-21, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for your encouragement. Trojitá, a fast IMAP e-mail client (homepage
> [1], more in-depth look [2], the KDE project page [3]) has spent the last
> week or so under playground and was just moved to kdereview (thanks to
> sysadmins for their excellent turnaround time). I'd appreciate people
> taking a look at the code [4]; I'm looking forward to your feedback. I'm
> hereby requesting a review for a move below the extragear/pim.

I was wondering if you could check if anything you have is missing from
respective KDEPIM libraries, e.g. IMAP commands not in kimap.

As with other KDE libraries, the intent is to have those available as KDE
frameworks at some point, i.e. with clear and minimal dependencies for
consumtion as Qt-addon libraries.

This is already happening to some extend, e.g. BetterInbox.com is using KIMAP,
KMime and has contributed KSmtp [1].
While they still needed some kind of minimal kdelibs replacement to fill the
dependencies, this should become unnecessary in the future.

It would therefore be extremely cool to have those libraries contain all
features required by different Qt programs for their respective domain.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://www.betterinbox.com/
KDE user support, developer mentoring