[Kde-pim] How to recover PIM information?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Nov 7 18:16:53 GMT 2012

On Wednesday, 2012-11-07, Dan Vrátil wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 of November 2012 09:21:08 D. R. Evans wrote:

> > So my question is: how do I find and then import the PIM information from
> > the backup disk so that I can use it on the 12.10 system?

> vCard with your contacts is in ~/home-backup/.kde/share/apps/kabc/*.vcf
> iCal with your events is in ~/home-backup/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/*.ics

Contacts could also be in ~/home-backup/.local/share/contacts if the "Personal
Contacts" backend was being used.

Configuration for backends (Akonadi resources) is stored in KDE's config
directory, in files named like the resource they belonged to.

Look for files matching this pattern

akonadi_*_resource_*rc

in

~/home-backup/.kde/share/config

> (note: on some distribution the folder might be called .kde4)

See kde4-config --localprefix

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring