[Kde-pim] How to recover PIM information?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:49:49 GMT 2012

D. R. Evans said the following at 11/13/2012 08:28 AM :
> Kevin Krammer said the following at 11/07/2012 10:35 PM :
>
>> Another thing you could try is to restore the full setup.
>> Fot this you would need to stop the Akonadi data exchance service with
>>
>> akonadictl stop
>>
>> Then overwrite its current files with the one from the backup, i.e.
>> files from ~/home-backup/.local/share/akonadi to .local/share/akonadi
>> from ~/home-backup/.config/akonadi to .config/akonadi
>> the akonadi_* config files to .kde/share/config
>>
>> and then restart the service
>> akonadictl start
>

> Getting increasingly desperate here about getting my contacts back. It seems
> bizarre that they are somewhere in the backed-up hierarchy but there's no
> simple (and perhaps even no non-simple) way to find them.

And after restoring those three locations back the way they were before
copying the information from the backup, I find that akonadi still spews a
bunch of errors and won't start.

So let's go back to basics:

1. How do I clean up the situation so that at least akonadi will start again?
2. Then we can go back to the original question of how to restore the contacts
from the backup.

Feeling like I'm descending into a pit of misery...

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR