[Kde-pim] Adding Holidays

David Narvaez david.narvaez at computer.org
Mon Nov 19 11:32:01 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Some KDE users here in Panama recently made a little sprint to compile
all holidays and important dates in Panama and would like to add it to
the standard set of holidays shipped with KDE. Can I just commit the
holidays file into libkholidays or should it go through review process
etc?

Also, as I was setting up the technical part of this sprint I noticed:

1. That there are several open wishes in bko about holidays to add. If
useful, I can go through some of them and add those files in one pass.
2. Apart from shipping it with kdepimlibs, there's no easy (i.e.,
point and click) way to distribute holidays. The use of GHNS in
KOrganizer is rather questionable since the list  it searches for is
pretty much static. Maybe we can brainstorm a bit on how to improve
this.

David E. Narváez