[Kde-pim] pimlibs documentation cleanup

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Fri May 25 00:26:43 BST 2012

On Thursday 24 May 2012 20:12:30 Mark wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > With KCal i got the (nasty) surprise that it is deprecated! While nothing
> > in KCal seems to indicate that.
> > With KABC i got another (yet again nasty) surprise that it should not be
> > used..
> >
> > And i'm not even using any of it! I'm only reading through the API docs
> > and figuring out how to combine some parts to make nice applications. So to
> > prevent more nasty surprises i would like to cleanup the documentation and
> > deprecate the API's that should be deprecated. Both in documentation and in
> > coding.
> >
> > So the following is a list of all pim components as they currently are in
> > kdepimlibs.
> > Lets just see this as a nice effort to get the pimlibs documentation
> > perfect shape for KDE 5. As much input as possible would be very valuable.
> > Please do describe each component (if you are going to do that) as if the
> > text was going to be placed on api.kde.org directly.
> >
> > Note: i also made a wiki page with the below contents:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/PIM_Apis I would appreciate it if you could post
> > your improvement in documentation on the wiki and let it know in this
> > mailing list.

> Anyone interested at all?

If you can help fill in missing documentation for any of these libraries, that would be very useful. Certain libraries are or will be deprecated, but not as many as you suggest - I updated your techbase page for one of them. Unfortunately, doing documentation is dependent on people having the motivation and time. Probably the most effective way of improving things is to choose one or two libraries to write or update documentation for, and ask specific questions if there are things you can't work out.

--
David Jarvie.
KDE developer.