[Kde-pim] kdepim-runtime/resources/kdeaccounts vs. kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun May 20 22:54:33 BST 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday, 2012-05-20, Mark wrote:

> the
> > >
> > > KABC-

> > > yes

> > > IMHO yes, actually I somehow thought the old one was gone already.

> the

> > > makes sense, perfect time for droping the old one then
> > >
> > > regards,
> > > Volker
> > >
> > >  A few questions about KDEAccounts...
> >
> > 1. Where is the code hidden?
>
> The code for what?
>
> Well, i got the impression that all of KABC was being replaces by
"KDEAccounts" and was wondering where the code for that - KDEAccounts - was
hidden. But it seems like i'm missing some details on what KDEAccounts is.

So, could someone please take a moment and write down the following:
- What is KDEAccounts?
- What is it's relation to KABC?
- If one writes a KDEPIM based application, what should be used for
accounts?

Perhaps on http://techbase.kde.org/?

I would live to know more about this stuff but the names of the 2 make me
confused about which one is is doing what.