[Kde-pim] Akonadi + Microsoft Exchange

Michael Burger mburger81 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:39:36 BST 2012

Hey to everyone,

I don't know if this is the right way to contact you.

But I'm an passionate KDE user, and software developer in a company with a
windows user :'(
So there is a Microsoft Exchange 2007 server for our emails, calendar,
public folders and an LDAP address book.

I searched a long time and waite a couple of years for Akonadi + MS
Exchange resource.

Now I'm using an IMAP Resource for my emails, a CALDAV Resource for my
Calendar and a LDAP resource for my address book (over DavMail)

But I'm not very happy about that, something doesn't work very well. I know
this is a lot of work to implement anything but the IDEA of Akonadi +
Resource are great :)

My question is, is there not a complete MS Exchange resource like the
OpenXChange resource which handle anything.

On this article
http://www.kubuntu-de.org/english/interview-tobias-k-nig-about-development-akonadi
Tobias König says "At the moment, there is work on a resource allowing
access to MS Exchange", but on the www there is not a lot about that. So my
question is, how is the point about that.

Is there a resource to test or to use? What should I use or do?

Can you help me?

thk
  P.I. Michael Burger