[Kde-pim] Orgs using Plasma or Kontact Desktop (success stories)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri May 18 13:21:45 BST 2012

Hi fellow people within KDE,
got asked again this week: How many organisations are there that use the
Desktop by the KDE initiative or Kontact?

Being able to have some nice examples here is something that can help my
company Intevation trying to get more customers to have a budget
for Kontact or KDE Platform development. (In this particular round, I'll send
my answer to this one particular customer on monday morning, so anything that
reaches me until 10:00 Berlin time could make the info bit.)

KDE used to have enterprise.kde.org, but this is down since July 2011,
it also was old. I've searched and looked around in some of our wikis,
but could not find much. So if you have ideas about such users, even if there
is no public information yet, mail it to me! Germany and Europe prefered.

A prominent one that uses the KDE Desktop product is
the city of Munich, which has 10.000 PCs on KDE Desktop 3.5
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiMux
http://www.it-muenchen-blog.de/2011/08/munchen-bringt-neues-release-4-0-des-limux-clients-heraus/
http://www.it-muenchen-blog.de/2012/04/10-000-limux-clients-sind-nun-in-betrieb/

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard

--
Managing Director + Owner: www.Intevation.net <- A Free Software Company
Kolabsys.com: Board Member          FSFE.org: Founding GA Member