[Kde-pim] kdepim-runtime/resources/kdeaccounts vs. kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat May 19 03:23:18 BST 2012

Hi,

I am curious about the relation between
	kdepim-runtime/resources/kdeaccounts *
and
	kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin **.
Does the Akonadi-based plugin in kdepim-runtime officially replace the KABC-
based plugin in kdesdk?

* https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepim-
runtime/repository/revisions/master/show/resources/kdeaccounts
** http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin/

If so, should kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin not better be removed to
tags/unmaintained/4?
Or should kdepim-runtime/resources/kdeaccounts better be moved to
kdesdk/kdeaccounts-plugin?

At least to me it looks strange if in the same SC release, like the next 4.9,
there is both a kdeaccounts plugin for Akonadi and still the old plugin for
the deprecated KABC system.

I am asking because currently the migration of kdesdk to git is prepared, and
ideally only useful stuff gets the work needed for the migration.

Cheers
Friedrich