[Kde-pim] Ideas for solution to Bug 63780 :

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 17:46:25 GMT 2012

On Wednesday, 2012-03-21, laurent Montel wrote:

> Le mercredi 21 mars 2012 17:11:34 Jayesh Badwaik a écrit :
> > Instead, I would want the email to be signed by the sender's key.
> > Suppose, I do not care where the mail comes from as long as it is signed
> > by a specific key. I should be able to trust that kind of mail with
> > HTML, right?
> >
> > Hence, I believe the attribute should be in the messaage itself  and not
> > in the addressbook.

Hm, how about storing this in an item attribute so it can be attached to
either a contact or an email?

If I switch a mail to HTML manually KMail could store attach such an attribute
to the mail item. It could also offer an option in the context menu on a sender
address and then attach the attribute to the contact item instead.

Rendering could then check for attribute presence and value on the message
item first and fall back to checking the contact item matching the sender.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring