[Kde-pim] GSoC: HTML Editor for KMail

AMIT DATTA amitdatta1806082599 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 05:49:07 GMT 2012

After looking on all the difficulties, I came to the conclusion that the
best thing would be to make a QWidget in KDEPIMlibs. This QWidget will be
the main message composer and will be coded using QWebkit and javascript.
This will be a WYSIWYG editor and will generate an HTML output. You can see
the outlook of the editor that I have planned here (
http://amitdatta.blogspot.in/2012/03/wysiwyg-editor-planned.html). This
editor will have a mail only extension for KMail, where the sending of the
mail will take place using the alternate mime type instead of plain text
type. Also this composer may be used to replace the editor for Blogilo, as
the functionality of this editor will be far more.
Now, will there be any unexpected flaws that I may face in this process?
Something which may decreased the efficiency or render the editor useless?

--
*Amit Datta*, <http://www.facebook.com/amit.datta92>
Mechanical Engineering,