[Kde-pim] PIM indexing and search - taking stock

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 12:23:02 GMT 2012

On Sunday 18 March 2012 11:12:27 Volker Krause wrote:
> Thanks for the overview Will, great progress indeed, I'm already getting
> used to the quick search doing full text search as well :)

You're welcome.  I've made a page for this work here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/SearchPolishing

Thanks for your clarifications on the other points, I have only one question:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2012 18:05:05 Will Stephenson wrote:

> And broken again, someone apparently managed to go beyond 1024 chars as
> well. Let's remove the limit entirely if possible.

Will you be able to take care of this? Do long queries become unsuitable for
use as the search collection's remoteId, if the unique suffix is truncated?

Will