[Kde-pim] entering events in korganizer sucks

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 14 07:43:50 GMT 2012

On Tuesday 13 March 2012 21.03:21 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> Why? Because it's not easily discoverable? That's why there is also a
> primary technique to achieve the same goal, but with more clicks.
> Advanced/secondary techniques (like keyboard shortcuts) do not have to
> be discoverable. It's good enough if they are explained in the manual.

Actually really good technology is self-explanatory.

Most good calendars that I have seen online these days have in fact adopted
the behaviour that when a user selects a timeslot in the calendar, the "edit
dialog" is immediately opened.

So I think there is a valid point of suggesting usability can be improved.

The way in which this point was raised seems inappropriate, though, and more
likely to destory motivation to improve than to create it.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve