[Kde-pim] akonadi invalidates nepomuk

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Mar 7 16:34:00 GMT 2012

Hi,

Today I have run my netbook almost a full working day with nepomuk in a
functional state. To achieve this, I stopped akonadi immediately after logging
in to kde.

As soon as akonadi was started (due to me starting an activity containing an
eventlist plasmoid) nepomuk was brought into an invalid state, as has been the
case since I installed kdepim 4.8 (updated from 4.4)

To explain what I mean by "broken state", it appears that akonadi stops
answering: using the krunner plugin doesn't work, and my activities do not
have my configured icons. Starting dolphin and searching for file content does
not use nepomuk.

Meanwhile I have tried running with indexing of files and mails disabled in
various combinations, and running without starting kmail2, but all the time
nepomuk would end up in broken state rather quickly.

Without akonadi running, that is not the case.

Maybe the broken search and addressee "completion" (can it be called that when
you have to type a full name?) in kmail is due to nepomuk not being able to
answer correctly when akonadi is running?

My system:
kde/kdepim 4.8
akonadi 1.7.1
soprano 2.7.5
virtuoso 6.1.4

Btw, is it smart to have to reboot to send mail?????

--
Anders