[Kde-pim] Review Request: Add indexing throttling and fixed endless indexing problems

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Fri Mar 9 15:24:43 GMT 2012

On Thursday 08 March 2012 20:24:16 Sebastian Trueg wrote:
> On 03/08/2012 05:33 PM, Volker Krause wrote:

> >> I see. If the problem persists even if the patch I gave you yesterday
> >> evening, could you please put the debug statement before the query
> >> execution instead?
> >> If my patch works, could you please collect the output so I have some
> >> statistics?
> >
> > looks very good :)
> >
> > For the last two days I did not end up with a hanging Virtuoso anymore,
> > and it looks like the Akonadi indexing actually managed to finish this
> > time. So, definitely something we should commit :)
>
> great. thanks for testing.
>
> > I'll investigate the resulting data more closely during the weekend, but
> > I've already spotted some things that still need fixing (but that's
> > largely unrelated to the query performance problem, it'll likely require
> > another full re-indexing though, which should finally confirm that this
> > is fixed). Besides the problems with nco:Contact merging already
> > described by Will, I noticed that some of those nco:Contacts also have a
> > large amount of hasEmailAddress properties, so we seem to only merge the
> > contact objects, but not the objects they refer to. My attempts on
> > indexing attachment content (still commented out) also didn't generate
> > the desired results yet (actually, no results at all, I can't find the
> > content objects anywhere, only the meta-information we add in the
> > feeder).
>
> Is there a branch which I can have a look at?

It's in master, agents/nepomukfeeder/plugins/nepomukmailfeeder.cpp:162 in
kdepim-runtime. The actual code of indexData() has been recovered from the
pre-DMS feeder, I'd assume something is wrong there (it uses the
nepomukindexer tool and feeds the attachment via stdin). When doing that
manually I fail to find the result in Nepomuk as well, while it works when
pointing it to a file. The attachment resource we create before indexing the
content (the not commented out part before line 162) works fine.

regards,
Volker