[Kde-pim] entering events in korganizer sucks

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 21:13:34 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 14 March 2012, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 March 2012 21.03:21 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Why? Because it's not easily discoverable? That's why there is also
> > a primary technique to achieve the same goal, but with more
> > clicks. Advanced/secondary techniques (like keyboard shortcuts) do
> > not have to be discoverable. It's good enough if they are
> > explained in the manual.
>
> Actually really good technology is self-explanatory.
>
> Most good calendars that I have seen online these days have in fact
> adopted the behaviour that when a user selects a timeslot in the
> calendar, the "edit dialog" is immediately opened.

Hmm. I have to admit that I like the way Outlook 2007 handles this much
better. You select the timeslot and then type the summary immediately
into the calendar without any annoying dialog popping up. If you need to
edit other properties of the event then you have to open the complex
"edit dialog".

In my POV, this is really self-explanatory behavior because it's exactly
how a paper calendar works.

> So I think there is a valid point of suggesting usability can be
> improved.

Well, I'd argue for following what Outlook 2007 does because for me it
works very well.

Regards,
Ingo