[Kde-pim] Nepomuk pimo:Person discussion

Jos Poortvliet jos at opensuse.org
Mon Jul 23 10:46:06 BST 2012

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 21:17:15 Lailah wrote:
> Sorry, but what is a meta-contact?  What is for?

You might know the concept from Kopete: it integrates multiple contacts into
one. So say you have me on gtalk AND Skype AND Novell Messenger. That's
three times I show up in your chat list. Oh, and you have me in your
KAddressbook, too. A meta-contact for me would include all that and show me
just once. A double-click would connect on whatever network I'm online on
according to some preference order, or open a new mail if I'm not on any of
the networks.

The Nepomuk connection is that it's been planned to use a pimo:Person
Nepomuk ontology which will be the meta contact, and a number of
nco:Contacts which contain the data on the individual
accounts/personalities, all connected through pimo:groundingOccurance.

The last paragraph is based on my (limited!) understanding of the plan from
http://community.kde.org/Projects/Nepomuk/Pimo_Person_Discussion

So take it with a grain of salt (or wait until someone smarter than me tells
us all how wrong I am) ;-)

Hugs,
Jos