[Kde-pim] mixedmaildir resource LRCONFLICT

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Jul 19 19:22:16 BST 2012

On Thursday, 2012-07-19, Volker Krause wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2012 10:06:40 David Faure wrote:
> > Clicking on an old mail folder that uses the mixedmaildir resource, I
> > see: [...]
> > akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_2(4471)/akonadiresource (maildir)
> > RetrieveItemsJob::Private::storeListResult: Store fetch got 1718 items of
> > which 0 are new and 1718 are changed and 0 need to be removed
> > akonadi_mixedmaildir_resource_2(4471)/akonadiresource (maildir): "NO
> > [LRCONFLICT] Resource tries to modify item with dirty payload, aborting
> > STORE.
> >
> > and then a popup says "the resource is broken".
> >
> > How do I debug this further?
>
> I don't really know the internals of the mixedmaildir resource, Kevin is
> your man there. But I can comment on what the LRCONFLICT means.

This is from the code that handles retrieveItems, i.e. it checks the on disk
items with the one from Akonadi to see which ones are new, changed or no
longer existent (which avoids a lot of work in the case of a maildir folder by
checking the file modification timestamp against the one of the collection).

An "all items have changed" is usually an indicator for an mbox folder for
which there is no such optimization yet.

> The way this is implemented is the dirty flag that every item has. It's set
> on any modification from anyone but the owning resource, ie. any local
> change. The resource resets it after applying the change to its backend
> (using changeProcessed() usually).
>
> Most likely scenarios for something like this include:
> - code path in mixedmaildir not calling changeProcessed() (but rather e.g.
> taskDone()), ie. replaying (or intentionally ignoring a change) and then
> failing to reset the dirty flag

I've checked all usages of taskDone() and both are for resource custom tasks.,
i.e. none which should be committed by calling changeProcessed() as far as I
understand.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring